Best Pillows for Traveling on Airplanes: Traveling on airplanes usually take hours – or even almost a day before you reach your destination. So, most likely, you will feel sleepy and fell asleep in a sitting position – and that’s when you need a travel pillow that will support your head, especially the neck to prevent having a stiff neck.
Our top pick for the best pillows for traveling on airplanes is the Everlasting Comfort travel pillow. It features orthopedic raised lobes, lightweight design, made of 100% memory foam with no additives and includes sleeping mask, earplugs, and travel bag.
- Are airplane neck pillows worth it?
- What to look for?
- What to avoid?
- Advantages of Using Travel Pillows on Airplanes
- Best Pillows for Traveling on Airplanes
- 1. MZYSKJ Travel Pillow
- 2. Cabeau Evolution Classic Travel Neck Pillow
- 3. SkySiesta Snug Travel Pillow
- 4. MLVOC Travel Pillow
- 5. Dot&Dot Twist Travel Pillow
- 6. Everlasting Comfort Travel Pillow
- 7. Lucear Twist Travel Pillow
- 8. ZOYLEE Twist Memory Foam Travel Pillow
- 9. Dot&Dot bendable Memory Foam Travel Pillow
- 10. JCFamily Travel Pillow
- 11. Langria Travel Pillow
- 12. OYRGCIK Travel Pillow
- 13. Cushion Lab Extra Dense Travel Pillow
- 14. BCOZZY Travel Pillow
- 15. UTOU Travel Pillow
- Key References
Are airplane neck pillows worth it?
Aeroplane pillows keep you safe from having neck pain when your sleeping position is not correct. It provides ultimate comfort throughout your travel – having these reasons make the pillows worth it to bring anywhere you travel.
What to look for?
Finding the right and best neck pillow for planes can make a huge difference throughout your flight. To get the best pillow that will make you comfortable in long-haul flights, here are the features you need to consider:
- Neck support: Choosing a memory foam airplane pillow is the more ideal for supporting the neck than inflatable air pillows. Stiff neck or neck strain aches that much, so if you don’t want to experience it along your travel journey, choose a pillow that has neck support.
- Fabric: Travelers usually overlooked this factor, but this is one of the essential elements you should pay attention to. Travel pillows cannot only be used on airplanes but also on buses and cars. Make sure to choose a travel pillow that includes a comfortable fabric – and you can use it in any type of climates.
- Size & Weight: Plane sleeping pillows are not made equal; one differs from one another, especially when it comes to its size and weight. Go for a small and lightweight travel pillow so you can carry it around easily.
- Durability: Frequent traveler or not, you need to choose the best-rated pillows for airplanes that are durable enough to travel with you, not only once. Make sure to read reviews first before buying it.
What to avoid?
If there are things to look for when buying the best plane pillow when traveling, of course, there are also some factors that you need to avoid. These include the following:
- No neck support feature.
- Thick fabric.
- Bulky & heavy.
- Complicated to use.
Advantages of Using Travel Pillows on Airplanes
Neck pillows for airplane travel are one of the many things you shouldn’t leave without when you are out for a long trip. While these pillows can be easily carried from one place to another, there are benefits it can provide. These are the following:
- Maintain your neck posture.
- Comfortable sleep.
- Prevents fatigue & stiff neck.
- Reduce snoring & sleep apnea.
Best Pillows for Traveling on Airplanes
1. MZYSKJ Travel Pillow
MZYSKJ travel pillow is a memory foam type of pillow that includes both thin and thick sides so that you can get the support on the side you want to lean.
- It is covered with super soft and breathable magnetic therapy cloth that contains premium microbeads inside.
- The fabric of this travel pillow from MZYSKJ is sweat-resistant and machine-washable so that you will always feel clean and comfortable every time you travel.
- The memory foam filler used in this travel pillow features a 5-second return technology, comfort, and durability, and helps relieve painful pressure points.
- It is small and weightless, comes with a carrying bag, and can be easily hooked to luggage or backpacks.
- This pillow provides an ergonomic design that offers 360° all-around neck support, and you can adjust it easily.
2. Cabeau Evolution Classic Travel Neck Pillow
Cabeau evolution classic travel neck pillow features 360° support so that you will be comfortable while you are traveling on an airplane.
- It is designed to cushion vital points in both the neck and head with premium quality memory foam.
- The velour cover of this travel pillow from Cabeau is machine-washable, can easily withstand the rigor of each travel, and is super soft on the skin.
- It includes an adjustable clasp that allows you to customize the fit, depending on your needs.
- This pillow from Cabeau features a media pouch for mobile devices if you want to keep your phone next to you while you sleep.
- It is made with only the highest-quality materials available that are crafted by sleep artisans.
3. SkySiesta Snug Travel Pillow
SkySiesta snug travel pillow is made up of 2 L-shaped pillows that are filled with soft and non-clumping fiber.
- It features a snap buckle that’s attached to both sides so you can adjust its fit.
- This travel pillow is machine-washable for more hygienic and comfortable use each time you travel.
- It includes stuff bag so that you can store and carry it easily plus an eye mask to complete a comfortable sleeping experience.
- It offers tons of support on the neck, especially to those travelers who prefer to sleep in an upright position.
- This travel pillow is not hot on the skin and lightweight since this cushion is made of fibers.
4. MLVOC Travel Pillow
With its perfect curve shape design, this memory foam pillow correctly supports the head and neck.
- It features an adjustable rope lock in which you can adjust the angle as well as the size of the pillow to meet the neck size requirement.
- This memory foam travel pillow is covered with super soft and breathable magnetic therapy cloth, tiny premium microbeads, and a sweat-resistant fabric.
- It features a 5-second return technology for durability so that you can use it for the long term.
- This travel pillow from MLVOC is lightweight and specially designed for comfort and portability.
- It includes a storage bag and an eye mask for complete comfort while sleeping during your travel.
5. Dot&Dot Twist Travel Pillow
Dot&Dot twist travel pillow is not your ordinary neck pillow as it can be converted to different shapes, making it versatile.
- This twist pillow does not only perfectly support your head and neck but also your spine, shoulder, and your back when you are sleeping.
- It is made of memory foam that helps relieve pressure points and cushions the body.
- It is covered with a cover made of cotton that is breathable so it won’t be hot on the skin and machine washable.
- This pillow features a snap closure so that you can carry it on your backpacks and luggage as well as to secure it around your neck.
- Unlike with most traditional pillows for travel, this twistable pillow from Dot&Dot contours to almost any shape, as well as the position you want.
6. Everlasting Comfort Travel Pillow
The everlasting Comfort travel pillow is made of 100% premium memory foam neck pillow that is ergonomically designed to support the neck, head, and chin when sleeping during a trip.
- It features orthopedic raised lobes from supporting the neck tilt from one side to another that a standard U-shaped pillow can’t provide.
- The velour cover of this travel pillow is extra plush that provides a relaxing experience so that you are comfortable throughout your flight.
- It features adjustable straps and snaps closure for a secure, snug, and comfortable fit around the neck.
- With this travel pillow from Everlasting Comfort, you can guarantee that it is made of 100% memory foam with no additives and only premium quality of materials used.
- This Everlasting Comfort travel pillow comes with a travel bag, memory foam earplugs, adjustable sleep mask, and a cellphone pocket to complete your sleeping experience.
7. Lucear Twist Travel Pillow
This twistable travel pillow from Lucear makes sleeping comfortable not only on airplanes but also on trains, buses, and cars.
- This pillow not just allows you to support your neck while traveling but also your spine, head, chin, back, and spine.
- It is versatile enough to be converted into any shape, depending upon your needs or sleeping requirement.
- It is made of luxury memory foam to cushion the body and relieves the pressure points that are painful for ultimate comfort and relaxation.
- With its snap-on feature, you can easily carry it and attach it to your carrying bags or backpacks.
- It features a lightweight design so that you can carry it without any hassle when you travel.
8. ZOYLEE Twist Memory Foam Travel Pillow
ZOYLEE travel pillow is a memory foam type of pillow that can be twisted in any shape, making it versatile to use.
- It is not just an ordinary travel pillow as it doesn’t only support the neck but also the spine, leg, back, head, shoulder, and lumbar.
- This twistable pillow is not a traditional neck pillow that you mostly see – this bendable travel pillow contour to almost any shape possible as well as the position you want to provide you customized support & pain relief.
- To complete and provide you a comfortable sleeping experience, it comes with a sleeping mask.
- It features a snap-on closure to hang it around your neck securely.
- It is made of 100% memory foam and 100% velour cover that is not hot on the skin and machine washable.
9. Dot&Dot bendable Memory Foam Travel Pillow
This Dot&Dot travel pillow is bendable to any way that supports not only the head and neck but also the leg, spine, shoulder, and many more.
- It is made of 100% premium quality, and pure memory foam to perfectly support not only your neck but also your chin, leg, cervical spine, lumbar area, and back during flights.
- This bendable travel pillow from Dot&Dot is specially made and designed for ultimate comfort, relaxation, and personalized support.
- It is equipped with 5-second return technology and cushions, the pressure points, and the other parts of your body.
- Dot&Dot bendable travel pillow is built with breathable & lightweight materials so you can carry it easily anywhere you travel.
- With its buckles, you can easily clasp or attached this travel pillow to your luggage and backpacks.
10. JCFamily Travel Pillow
Unlike most traditional airline travel pillows, this JCFamily travel pillow is twistable and contour to many shapes possible to provide you personalized support.
- This travel pillow is the most reliable travel companion over long distances flights as it can provide you total support to any parts of your body.
- It doesn’t only support the neck but also the shoulder, spine, back, and lumbar area, making it comfortable for any flights.
- It is made of 100% premium quality memory foam to ensure you a total and ultimate comfort anywhere you travel.
- This twistable pillow from JCFamily features 11-second return technology to ensure it’s durability.
- It is covered with a breathable pillowcase and ultra-soft double knit fabric for added softness, elasticity, absorbency, and more.
11. Langria Travel Pillow
Langria travel pillow is also known as the astronaut memory foam travel pillow that allows you to use in different ways for personalized support and comfort.
- This 6-in-1 travel pillow is versatile, which allows you to use not only to support your neck during long flights but also your back, shoulder, arms, etc.
- It features a hood to prevent light while sleeping.
- This travel pillow comes with a buckle strap system to adjust the fit, depending on your requirements.
- The memory foam pillow core reduces allergens due to its naturally inhospitable to dust and microbes.
- It includes a carrying bag for more compact size – then, you can easily attach it to your luggage and backpack.
12. OYRGCIK Travel Pillow
This memory foam type of pillow from OYRGCIK is ergonomically designed to provide support without the bulk.
- It comes with an adjustable rope lock so that you can customize the fit and ensure that you are giving your neck proper support.
- It is covered with a mix of soft 100% cotton that is soft and magnetic therapy cloth that’s breathable and super soft.
- This travel pillow from OYRGCIK contains many tiny premium microbeads to provide you ultimate comfort on your travel.
- It features 3-second rebound technology as well as a comfortable therapeutic design.
- It comes with an improved travel bag that allows the pillow to compressed ½ of its size.
13. Cushion Lab Extra Dense Travel Pillow
Cushion Lab extra dense travel pillow is thoughtfully designed for travelers so that they can sleep better and in comfort during long flights.
- This pillow’s patented ergonomic design features specially designed contours to provide not only support but also comfort to any sleeping position.
- It is dynamically rebounding and extra support to relieve pain points.
- It comes with an ultra-soft, hypoallergenic, and washable cover that comes with an adjustable strap to adjust the fit correctly.
- It features a compact and lightweight design, making it perfect to use for any travel flights – ling or short.
- It is made of extra dense memory foam filler for added support and prolonged comfort.
14. BCOZZY Travel Pillow
BCOZZY travel pillow not only supports your neck during long travel flights but also your head and chin.
- It features a patented chin design to support your head from falling entirely.
- This pillow from BCOZZY is versatile – you can not only use it when sleeping upright or sidewards but also to any sleeping position you want.
- It comes with a lightweight design so you can easily carry it anywhere you go.
- BCOZZY travel pillow comes with a built-in snap strap so you can attach it to your backpacks and luggage.
- With the BCOZZY travel pillow, you can choose from a wide variety of cute, printed designs.
15. UTOU Travel Pillow
UTOU travel pillow is a memory foam type of pillow that features neck support so you can comfortably use it when traveling.
- It comes with an adjustable drawstring on both sides of the U-shaped pillow that allows you to adjust the height, meeting different requirements of the neck size.
- UTOU travel pillow comes with a compact storage bag, making it a compressible one to fit in your backpack.
- It features an ergonomic design that lets your head and neck form a natural curve and prevent you from neck pain.
- This pillow from UTOU provides 360 surround rope lock that is adjustable to any angle to fit your needs.
- It is made of 100% memory foam filler that features 11-second return technology, comfort and durable, and cushions the body to relieve the pain of pressure points.
Our top recommendation for the best pillows for sleeping on a plane is the travel pillow from Everlasting Comfort. It comes with a velour cover that is soft and comfortable to use, includes sleeping mask, travel bag, and earplugs to complete the set, and features a lightweight design to carry it easily anywhere you go.
Traveling is also exhausting – especially when taking long hours of travel. It is normal to fell asleep during a trip, and to keep yourself comfortable, make sure to bring with you a travel pillow that features lightweight design and neck support to prevent yourself from having neck pain.
Hopefully, this guide on the best pillows for traveling on airplanes helped you choose the best travel pillow brand.
- “Do You Have a Stiff Neck? Try These Simple Remedies | Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic”. Accessed October 13, 2019. Link.
- “Neck pain – Symptoms and causes – Mayo Clinic”. Accessed October 13, 2019. Link.