Get Thanksgiving dinner out of the way fast so you can eat the stuff you actually like – the desserts! This clever parfait layers traditional holiday dishes in the order they’ll be eaten, and with portion sizes small enough to please the most finicky dieter. It’s also a space and dish-saver for large families having dinner in small houses.
- 1/2 turkey frozen dinner for each person
or dinner fixin’s such as:
- Frozen turkey loaf
- Gravy mix or canned gravy
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Canned green beans
- Boxed dressing mix
- Canned cranberry sauce, if not included in frozen dinner
Heat the frozen dinners and/or dinner fixin’s according to directions.
Into each parfait glass, place ingredients in the following order:
- Dessert from frozen dinner, if any. (This may have to be smashed pretty hard to make it conform to the shape of the parfait glass.)
- A spoonful or two of cranberry sauce – necessary to transition between the savory flavors of the main course and the sweet flavors of dessert.
- Mashed potatoes, green beans, or macaroni and cheese, depending on the contents of the frozen dinner.
Garnish with a whole cranberry or a few kernels of canned corn. Serve with spoon, paper towel napkin, and a big smile.