Best Makeup for Covering Tattoos: Tattoos are a way for people to express themselves through art and color, to showcase their personalities through drawings and words!
Our top pick for the best makeup for covering tattoos is Dermablend Cover Crème Full Coverage Foundation. This tattoo makeup foundation features a broad spectrum SPF 30 that protects against the damaging sun.
But very often you find yourself when you have a meeting to attend or a formal function to go to, or your job simply does not permit you to have these tattoos! Then what do you do? We have selected the best makeup for covering tattoos.
- 1. Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup
- 2. Maybelline New York Face Studio Master
- 3. Fiezkaa Concealer Set for Tattoo Cover Up
- 4. TOULLGO Tattoo Concealer
- 5. Dermacol Make-Up Cover
- 6. Dermablend Cover Crème Full Coverage Foundation
- 7. Srxing Concealer Tattoo Cover
- 8. Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation
- 9. Boo Boo Cover Up Concealer
- 10. Judith August Killer Cover Concealer
- 11. Dermablend Loose Setting
- 12. Amazing Cosmetics Concealer
- 13. Dermablend Flawless Creator
- 14. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
Best Makeup for Covering Tattoos Reviewed
Here are 14 proven best makeup to cover tattoos in the market today:
1. Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup
The first makeup for covering tattoos is a favorite among makeup artists for covering up tattoos. It offers a medium to full coverage, and it can last for up to 16 hours.
- It is available in 12 different shades from ivory to darker tones.
- The added SPF helps to keep your tattoo and skin protected from the sun.
- Its transfer resistant, the pigmented formula can be used to cover up a wide variety of skin and body concerns.
- For flawless coverage, you can pair it up with a setting powder.
- The Dermablend Quick-Fix Body Makeup allows for easy application in those hard to reach areas.
- Pick a color that is about two shades lighter than your complexion.
- This allows you to balance out your tattoo’s dark ink.
- It can also be used to cover up varicose veins, acne scars, bruising, birthmark, burns, stretch marks, and scars.
- This tattoo covering concealer is fragrance-free, allergy-tested, sensitive-skin tested, and dermatologist-tested.
2. Maybelline New York Face Studio Master
The next makeup to cover up tattoos is from Maybelline. The Maybelline New York Face Studio Master is an ultra-concentrated formula that can help to conceal tattoos with no telltale cover.
- Its undetectable finish will help you achieve full coverage.
- This master concealer will help to smooth fine lines and visually blur skin tone imperfections.
- It can last for up to 12 hours, and it gives a long-lasting shine control.
- This cover up makeup for tattoos is available in 8 different shades.
- It comes with a blush that helps to blend easily so it can merge with your skin tone.
- This makeup that covers tattoos is also fragrance-free, oil-free, and non-comedogenic.
3. Fiezkaa Concealer Set for Tattoo Cover Up
This is another great makeup for covering tattoos. It is sweat proof, long lasting, and it contains no poisonous chemicals or alcohol.
- This tattoo makeup cover up is made from natural essence material, so it will cause no harm to your skin.
- It looks so natural, with no telltale cover or buildup.
- It has a light and fine texture, so it will allow your skin to breathe freely.
- It is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry even in summer.
- It can be used for the body or the entire face.
- It can also be used to cover up post-surgical bruising, loss of pigmentation, and acne scars.
4. TOULLGO Tattoo Concealer
The TOULLGO Tattoo Concealer is a non-sticky and natural concealer that will help to deliver an undetectable vestige.
- It is made of natural essence formula, so it will not cause any damage to your skin.
- This makeup that covers up tattoos has a light and thin texture, so it will allow your skin to breathe freely.
- It provides complete coverage even in those areas with thin layers.
- This makes it perfect for concealing tattoos as well as skin blemishes and unpleasant spots.
- For best results, squeeze a pea-sized amount on your fingertips and apply it to the tattoo.
- Gently blend and pat it into your skin until the desired coverage is achieved.
5. Dermacol Make-Up Cover
If you want to cover up your tattoo but on a budget, the Dermacol Make-Up Cover is a perfect choice. This best tattoo cover up is clinically tested, so it is safe for your skin.
- It contains 50 percent pigments which help to create a satin matte appearance, giving complete coverage of tattoos and other skin imperfections.
- The Dermacol Make-Up Cover is a hypoallergenic foundation that provides extreme coverage while giving you a natural-looking finish.
- This concealer to cover tattoos can also be used on the body or face for color balance and skin tone correction.
- It is hyperpigmented, so it will cover any dark circles and redness.
- It is, however, important to ensure this makeup cover is properly blended as it can look cakey.
- This tattoo concealer has a creamy texture, which makes it easy to spread and apply.
- The pigmentation is very extreme, so you only need a pea-sized drop to achieve full face coverage.
6. Dermablend Cover Crème Full Coverage Foundation
The Dermablend Cover Crème Full Coverage Foundation provides full coverage that looks like skin and not the makeup.
- This tattoo makeup features a broad spectrum SPF 30 that protects against the damaging sun.
- It provides all-day hydration, and it is formulated for all skin types.
- It features a high concentration of high-performance pigments, which makes it perfect for covering up tattoos.
- This tattoo concealer has a creamy texture, so it is never masky or cakey.
- It glides on the skin evenly, leaving it feeling smooth, soft, and fresh.
- It can last for up to 16 hours, providing flawless coverage.
- It is fragrance-free, allergy tested, sensitive skin tested, and dermatologist tested so it is safe for all skin types.
7. Srxing Concealer Tattoo Cover
The next best tattoo concealer is from Srxing; The Srxing Concealer Tattoo Cover is perfect for those worried about slipping and smudging as it contains silica that helps to absorb the skin’s oils.
- It is sweat proof, so you can keep it up to 3 days.
- This makeup tattoo cover is fast covering, long lasting, and durable.
- Its light and fine texture will ensure your skin breath freely.
- This cover up for tattoos can also be used for lightening or darkening the skin tone, color correction, and ensuring an ideal balance.
- It is important to note that this tattoo cover is thick, so stick to stippling and avoid stroking motions when applying it.
8. Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation
The Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation is a lightweight concealer that covers everything from tattoos to skin blemishes.
- It can camouflage your tattoo with matte, smooth perfection.
- This is the ideal concealer for those looking for a long wearing product as it promises a smooth finish and a 24-hour transfer resistant wear.
- It is very thick, and it dries very quickly.
- It contains extremely gentle ingredients, so it is safe for sensitive skin.
- It is formulated with 21% pigment, and it will match a broad range of skin tones and tattoos.
- It contains emollients that provide a velvety texture, giving you a hydrated and perfectly smooth skin.
9. Boo Boo Cover Up Concealer
The next cover up tattoo makeup is from Boo Boo. The Boo Boo Cover Up Concealer is a creamy beige formula that dries to a matte finish. It is available in dark, medium, and light shades.
- It is loaded with vitamin E, chamomile, green tea, tea tree oil, and soothing aloe.
- It is a never too heavy concealer that can easily cover tattoos and other imperfections on the body.
- It also contains powerful healing ingredients that can help to repair the skin while it conceals.
- This tattoo makeup cover is effortless to blend with a brush or fingertip.
- This best tattoo makeup cover up can last for up to 12 hours before it wears off.
- It does not fade or crease throughout the day, and it is not cakey or greasy.
10. Judith August Killer Cover Concealer
The next best tattoo cover up makeup is from Judith August. This palette is perfect for those having troubles finding their perfect match.
- Judith August Killer Cover Concealer is mostly used to cover up eye lifts, rhinoplasties, and facelifts, so covering tattoos will be a breeze.
- It is important to note that this concealer is thick, so you need to warm it up before application.
- This makeup to cover up tattoo is waterproof and has an all-day staying power.
11. Dermablend Loose Setting
This best makeup to cover tattoos is from Dermablend. The Dermablend Loose Setting is a long staying setting powder that doesn’t turn orange or oxidize through the day.
- Once you are done applying your cover makeup, you can seal it with this setting powder from Dermablend.
- It can extend your makeup for up to 16 hours of transfer resistant wear and smudge.
- Not only is it translucent upon application but it blends smoothly to mattify your complexion.
- The Dermablend Loose Setting powder is specially formulated to suit all skin types, tones, and concerns.
- This best tattoo cover makeup is available in 4 different shades.
- It will help to reduce the wetness and shine that foundation often has after application.
- It can also help to absorb excess oil throughout the day.
12. Amazing Cosmetics Concealer
The Amazing Cosmetics Concealer is water resistant, long wearing, and full coverage cream concealer that will help camouflage your tattoos and other skin imperfections.
- This best concealer for tattoo features ultra-concentrated pigments that will give you skin like finish.
- For best results, apply pin-dot amounts of this concealer on the tattoo you would like to conceal, tap it into your skin until the flaws disappear completely.
- It is available in 19 different shades from ivory to warm deep, so it can work for any skin tone.
- This concealer for tattoos can also double as a great contouring and highlighting tool.
13. Dermablend Flawless Creator
The Dermablend Flawless Creator is a liquid foundation with 33% highly concentrated pigments, making it perfect for covering tattoos.
- This makeup for tattoos provides weightless coverage that is customizable, buildable, and blendable from light to full coverage.
- You can mix this to add coverage to your other skincare products or wear alone as a full coverage foundation.
- It is fragrance, oil, and water free.
- It is allergy tested and formulated without paraben, making it perfect for those with sensitive skins.
- It allows you to build your coverage level with one drop for light coverage and 4 or more drops for full coverage.
- It comes in 20 true to tone shades.
14. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer
The Makeup For Ever Full Cover Concealer contains a high concentration of pigments that is long lasting, making it perfect for covering tattoos on the face and body.
- It is a full coverage concealer that is waterproof, oil-free, and gives a matte finish.
- This concealer darkens as it dries, so it is advisable to buy a color two shade that is lighter than your skin tone.
- It is available in 10 different color shades.
- Its perfectly stable formula allows it to hold even under extreme conditions.
- This best tattoo cover ups can camouflage imperfections and even out the skin tone for an extended period.
Of all the tattoo covering makeups reviewed, our top suggestion is Dermablend Cover Crème Full Coverage Foundation. This foundation provides all-day hydration and features a high concentration of high-performance pigments, which makes it perfect for covering up tattoos.
Ensure you go for a foundation that is oil-free, matte, and full coverage. Also, to ensure a seamless blend, ensure you pick the closest color to your skin tone.