Best Running Shoes for Seniors: Our feet are just like every other part of us, so they age with us – the ligaments and tendons in the foot start to lose their strength resulting in the arches flattening.
Our top pick for the best running shoes for older women is ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes. It has rearfoot GEL cushioning system for better shock absorption and it is excellent for running especially for seniors.
Our top choice for the best running shoes for senior men is Saucony Men's Cohesion 10 Running Shoe. These running shoes are encased with excellent cushioning, durability, and comfort for running.
So, finding the best running shoes that support our aging feet is crucial. When choosing your next pair, it is important to consider its flexibility, support, amount of cushioning, and upper.
The running shoes with mesh uppers or leather uppers provide better support for seniors. Also, running shoes with tapered effects from the heel to the toe or low heel are great because they help reduce the strain on the legs, ankle, and foot.
To make choosing the best running shoes for seniors easy for you, we have curated a list of high-quality running shoes for both older men and women.
- Best Running Shoes for Seniors
- Best Running Shoes for Seniors (Men)
Best Running Shoes for Seniors
Here are the 14 best running shoes for seniors (women and men) in the market place today.
ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6.
The ASICS Women’s Gel-Venture 6 is specially designed to take on rugged terrains.
- The reversed lugs provide both downhill and uphill traction on all terrain types. It features a high-abrasion rubber and a trail-specific outsole that helps with traction.
- These best athletic shoes for seniors have a rearfoot gel cushioning that helps to absorb shock and keep you comfortable as you run along.
- These best shoes for older runners come with a removable sock liner that allows you to insert custom orthotics which ensures a more personalized fit.
- High abrasion rubbers are placed in critical areas of the outsole to give you exceptional durability.
New Balance w990v4.
The New Balance w990v4 comes with a breathable mesh and pigskin leather.
- These best running shoes for older adults features a lace-up closure for a secure and adjustable fit. The padded tongue and collar ensure additional comfort.
- There is a breathable fabric lining on the inside that offers a great feel. You can remove the foam footbed so you can add your own custom orthotics.
- This new balance shoes for elderly come with an endcap PU ring with EBA core wraps, a lateral mid-foot through the heel and around the mid-foot.
- The boom rubber outsole helps to enhance stability down at the bottom.
Skechers Skech-Air Fashion Sneakers.
The Skechers Skech-Air Fashion Sneakers features a fabric and manmade upper detail that helps to add to its appeal.
- The lace-up closure ensures a secure fit while the padded collar and tongue provide additional support.
- The fabric lining memory foam and cushioned footbed help to improve comfort. The flex groove midsole helps with shock absorption and flexibility.
- What makes this running shoe perfect for seniors is the air-cushioned rubber outsoles that feature 26 air pillow pockets which add bounce to every step.
ASICS Gel-Nimbus 19 Running Shoes.
The ASICS Gel-Nimbus 19 Running Shoes feature a revolutionary flat foam technology that ensures optimal comfort and a responsive ride for seniors.
- There is a 3mm of added height on this model that helps to relieve Achilles tension.
- This best running shoes for older runners also features a gradient jacquard mesh upper that is loosened or tightened strategically in zones to allow for the natural motion of the feet.
- These best shoes for seniors come with a 3D printed overlay that provides seamless support to the upper.
- The FluidRide Midsole helps to provide cushioning and bounce back properties with exceptional durability and reduced weight.
- The forefoot and rearfoot gel cushioning help to attenuate shock during toe-off and impact phases.
- The FluidFit upper technology combines stretch reinforcements with multi-directional stretch to help create a customized glove-like fit.
- There is an exoskeletal heel counter that provides improved support.
Brooks Women’s Addiction 13.
The Brooks Women’s Addiction 13 is a maximum support shoe for over-pronation seniors.
- Throughout the midsole of this senior’s running shoe, Brooks used a lightweight cushioned responsive midsole for extra comfort.
- It features a lightweight, flexible, breathable mesh upper with a broader base.
- There is support throughout this shoe, starting at the front of the arch and moving all the way to the heel, giving you the maximum comfort, you are looking for.
- The heel counter provides extra support for the heel. It also helps to lock your foot into place giving you that extra security.
- This best shoes for aging feet also has a cushion around the heel collar and the padded tongue for extra comfort.
New Balance WT3410v5 Running Shoe.
New Balance WT3410v5 is built with a rugged rubber sole to give seniors the best traction and grip on uneven terrains.
- They come with heel loop, stripped grille lacing, and protective overlays for durability.
- These best running shoes for old runners help to keep your feet secure and makes putting it on and off easier.
- These good shoes for seniors feature a plush padded collar for comfort and support. It comes with an XLT performance footbed that comforts when running on any hard surfaces.
- The all-terrain outer sole also provides traction and grip for the best performance.
Nfinity Vengeance Cheer Shoe.
The Nfinity Vengeance Cheer Shoe comes with comfort fit cushions in the heel that is durable and lightweight.
- This is a light and comfortable shoe with a cutting-edge look.
- The nylon mesh upper with an exterior and an interior skeleton is specially designed to give seniors a better fit without sacrificing weight.
- This best walking shoes for 60 year old woman comes with an open mesh see-through upper that allows you to customize your look.
- The pylon pads and outsole grade EVA ensures durability.
- There are three pads strategically placed at the bottom in high wear areas.
Best Running Shoes for Seniors (Men)
Saucony Cohesion 10 Running Shoe.
The Saucony Cohesion 10 Running Shoe is encased with comfort, flexibility, and excellent cushioning which makes it perfect for any activity.
- This best running shoes for 60 year old man have built-in external heel counter and mesh uppers that helps to keep the foot locked down.
- The plush collar and tongue help to cushion and secure the foot. It features a Tri-Flex outsole that promotes flexibility.
- These running shoes for older adults come with a synthetic mesh upper that helps to promote airflow to cool the feet. It has a built-in sock liner that offers you a durable underfoot comfort.
- The FORMFIT contoured footbed helps to add even more comfort and cushioning to each step.
Skechers Men’s Afterburn Memory Foam Lace-up Sneaker.
The Skechers Men’s Afterburn Memory Foam Lace-up Sneaker is a stylish yet functional running or walking shoe for seniors.
- These best running shoes for older men come in a variety of colors, making it perfect for those looking for running shoes with style and comfort.
- This best walking shoes for elderly man is made of synthetic and leather composite.
- These best running shoes for senior citizens feature a padded collar that comforts extra around your ankle, a mesh with supportive overlays, and a rubber sole.
- The memory foam insole in this best walking shoes for seniors helps to enhance comfort during long walks.
New Balance M1540v2 Running Shoes.
The New Balance M1540v2 is a motion control running shoe designed to help support flat feet and stabilize over-pronation so you can focus on moving forward.
- The dual-density collar offers a comfortable fit, the overlays provide structure and support, while the breathable upper mesh offers ventilation.
- The blown rubber and NDurance rubber in the outsole offers cushioning, traction, and durability.
- This best running shoe for seniors features a TPU Rollbar that helps to stabilize the back of your food to prevent outward or inward rolling.
- The ACTEVA foam helps to soften landings without adding to the weight while the ABZORB cushioning helps to reduce the impact on the joints.
- The New Balance M1540v2 is perfect for over-pronator seniors looking for an everyday shoe.
ASICS Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe.
The ASICS Gel-Venture 6 features a rearfoot GEL cushioning system that helps to absorb shock impact.
- You can replace the sock liner with a medical orthotic. These running shoes for old man features a high abrasion rubber outsole that helps to increase durability.
- The sole of the Gel-Venture 6 is made from gum rubber giving you the best performance results.
- These best running shoes for senior runners comes with synthetic outer material for comfort and flexibility. The trail-specific outer sole on this senior’s running shoe makes it suitable for all kinds of terrain.
- The reversed lugs provide downhill and uphill traction for increased stability.
Reebok Men’s Print Run Prime Shoe.
Reebok Men’s Print Run Prime Shoe is made of an ultra knit seamless material which helps to reduce the likelihood of irritation on the inside.
- This best running shoes for elderly features lots of padding around the collar and footbed for added comfort.
- The pressure mapping technology in high wear areas helps keep you feeling energized.
- The thick 3D foam midsole in this best running shoes for old guys gives a plenty of bounce back with every turn.
- The grooves in the outsole help to keep you steady and deliver flexibility.
Skechers Synergy Power Switch Sneakers.
The Skechers Synergy Power Switch is one of the best running shoes for seniors on the market thanks to its great technologies.
- These old people shoes look great and really comfortable under all conditions. The highly flexible rubber outsole provides grip on flat surfaces, trail runs, or on the road.
- These good walking shoes for seniors features deep lugs that add additional traction. It features a FlexSole midsole that absorbs shock and provides sufficient flexibility.
- This running shoe comes with a memory foam insole that makes it extra comfortable, flexible, durable, and soft.
- These best jogging shoes for seniors feature a Sketch-knit mesh fabric that makes it super light and breathable.
Keen Men’s Oakbridge Shoe.
The Keen Men’s Oakbridge shoe is a lightweight shoe made from a synthetic upper and lightweight mesh which adds breathability to the shoe.
- These best running shoes for old men features the Keen Dry technology which is a waterproof membrane. The lace-up system of this shoe helps to keep your foot secure and pleasant.
- The pull tabs on the tongue and heel make it easy to put on and off. This best running shoe for older men comes with a nicely padded collar that keeps your ankle comfy throughout the day.
- The removable footbed adds to the comfort and support of these shoes.
- Also, the dual-density EVA midsole is very durable and robust which makes it a great running shoe for seniors.
Our top recommndation for the best running shoes for older women is ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Running-Shoes. This running shoes have reversed lugs for better downhill and uphill traction on all terrains. The rearfoot gel cushioning absorbs the shock and makes it very comfortable for running.
Our best choice for the best running shoes for senior men is Saucony Men's Cohesion 10 Running Shoe. These sports shoes for older men have plush collars and tongues, which help cushion and secure the foot. These best-rated walking shoes for seniors also come with a built-in sock-liner for underfoot comfort. This is the best choice running shoes for senior men!
Shopping for the best running shoes for seniors does not have to be complicated. There are many great running shoes on the market that incorporates innovative technologies to make these shoes more supportive and comfortable.
[…] 14 Best Running Shoes for Seniors (Men & Women) in 2019 […]