A wedding lighter is a great personalized gift idea for those who already have everything. Not only are wedding lighters unique gifts for couples but also for best man, the maid of honor, groomsman, and collectors. Here are the best wedding, lighters.
- Best Wedding Lighters
- 1. Zippo High Polish Chrome Lighter
- 2. Zippo Personalized Chrome Wind Proof Lighter
- 3. Zippo Black Matte Lighter
- 4. Zippo Custom Engraved Lighter Black Ice Finish
- 5. Something Engraved Wedding Gift Box
- 6. Icfun Dual Arc Electric Plasma Lighter
- 7. Zippo Black Ice Wind Proof Oil Lighter
- 8. Zippo Black Matte Windproof Lighter
- 9. Oiikury Electric Lighter
- 10. Zippo Groomsman Lighter
- 11. Zippo Custom Lighter
- 12. Zippo Personalized Groomsmen Lighter
- 13. Zippo Groomsmen Black Ice Lighter
- 14. Zippo Groomsmen Tuxedo Lighter
- DIY Wedding Lighter Project
Best Wedding Lighters
Here are the 14 best wedding lighters for the groomsman or best man:
1. Zippo High Polish Chrome Lighter
The custom engraving and classic styling of the Zippo High Polish Chrome Lighter make it a timeless gift.
- It allows you to engrave a logo or text on it to create a subtle, elegant look.
- It can be engraved on the lid and the side of the body or the two sides of the lid and body.
- It allows for customization however you like.
- The time-tested design and a lifetime guarantee make Zippo High Polish Chrome Lighter a perfect wedding gift.
- The recipients will appreciate it every time they feel the sleek heft of this lighter.
- The Zippo lighter is also surprisingly affordable.
2. Zippo Personalized Chrome Wind Proof Lighter
The Zippo Personalized Chrome Wind Proof Lighter allows you to use your own text to create a personalized lighter.
- You can engrave up to 5 lines of messages.
- It features metal construction, and you can use it virtually anywhere thanks to its windproof design.
- It is lightweight and portable and can conveniently fit in a briefcase or pocket.
- The lighter also comes with Zippo lifetime guarantee.
- Zippo uses a state-of-the-art process to engrave on this lighter to create sharp characters and images that are clear and crisp.
- The Zippo Personalized Chrome Wind Proof Lighter allows for windproof lighting and features a shimmering iridescent finish.
3. Zippo Black Matte Lighter
This is another reliable wedding lighter from Zippo, but this comes in a matte finish that covers its metal body.
- It is a useful item because it can easily slide into the pocket.
- The Zippo Black Matte Lighter has a strong metal construction that makes it durable.
- It is also backed by Zippo lifetime warranty, so you are guaranteed it won’t disappoint.
- You can ignite a windproof flame with this lighter, which makes it perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- For a touch of personalization that will surely impress, you can have a monogram engraved in this lighter.
- The engraving is done in Roman Monogram, and it will have your first name, last name, and middle name initials engraved on it.
4. Zippo Custom Engraved Lighter Black Ice Finish
The Zippo Custom Engraved Lighter is a perfect personalized gift for the groomsmen.
- It features a sleek black ice finish that makes a perfect thank you gift for everyone in your groomsmen party.
- Make this lighter a memorable piece by adding a message, dates, names, or initials.
- It comes with Zippo’s lifetime guarantee, and the friendly gift box it comes in makes it perfect for gift giving.
- The Zippo Custom Engraved Lighter is a windproof lighter with a distinctive Zippo click.
- You can fill it with Zippo lighter fluid for optimum performance.
5. Something Engraved Wedding Gift Box
This is a wedding gift set that comes with an engraved hip flask, lighter, a funnel, a cigar cutter, matte black wedding tuxedo, and bullet bottle opener. The hip flask is made of stainless steel, and it is 7oz.
- The bullet bottle opener is brass 50 calibers and a registered trademark of Caliper Corporation.
- It allows you to custom engrave your name, date, or initials on all the items in the gift box.
- This gift box comes in a black silk lined material that makes it the perfect gift item.
6. Icfun Dual Arc Electric Plasma Lighter
You might want to consider this dual arc electric plasma lighter by Icfun if you are looking for a flameless wedding lighter.
- This lighter differs from any other lighter you have seen.
- The plasma arcs are windproof, and the angle arcs make this lighter very comfortable to use.
- The high-performance lithium-ion battery ensures you can use this lighter for about 40 to 60 sparks.
- It is available in a wide variety of designs and patterns to complement your style.
- It features a 75° slope lope that allows it to light up very easily.
- It can also be used to light candles easily.
- It is safe to use as it comes with multiple safety features such as leakage protection, short circuit protection, and overheating protection.
7. Zippo Black Ice Wind Proof Oil Lighter
This is another high quality and durable wedding lighter from Zippo.
- It features a high polish chrome finish with a classic case.
- The Zippo Black Ice Wind Proof Oil Lighter allows you to engrave up to 3 lines with 15 characters per line.
- The windproof design makes it perfect for use virtually anywhere.
- It is refillable and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- Also, the wicks and flints of this lighter are replaceable.
- You can also buy the lighter fluid separately for optimal results.
- The Zippo Black Ice Wind Proof Oil Lighter features all-metal construction that makes it last through many uses.
8. Zippo Black Matte Windproof Lighter
One of the best ways to make memories last a lifetime is with this Zippo lighter.
- The lighter has a matte black finish that makes it look sleek and stylish.
- It is a perfect gift for your groomsmen at your wedding party.
- It allows you to add a message, dates, names, or initials according to your preference.
- It allows you to engrave up to 5 lines on the lighter.
- It features Zippo’s distinctive click and their lifetime guarantee.
- It has an all metal construction and a windproof design that allows it to work even if it is raining.
9. Oiikury Electric Lighter
The Oiikury Electric Lighter features a floating touch sensor technology that allows it to work without having to touch the button.
- The led light indicator let you know when to change and when it is fully charged.
- It features a high-quality battery cycle that lasts up to 500 charges.
- This lighter is flameless, so it is easy to use.
- It has a unique and windproof design that makes it perfect for use outdoors and other windy conditions.
- It comes with some safety features that make it turn off once you move your fingertips away automatically.
10. Zippo Groomsman Lighter
The Zippo Groomsman Lighter features a brush satin chrome finish that gives it an elegant look.
- It comes with all the quality features you would expect from a Zippo lighter, including a windproof design.
- It allows you to engrave up to 3 lines, and the engraving is done in the standard Roman font.
- The maximum permitted engraving per line is 12 characters.
- Zippo uses a state-of-the-art laser engraving process that ensures the characters and images and crisp and clear.
- The Zippo Groomsman Lighter is a genuine product that comes with Zippo’s lifetime guarantee.
11. Zippo Custom Lighter
The Zippo Custom Lighter features an ironstone finish and comes with Zippo’s lifetime guarantee.
- It is refillable for lifetime usage, and it performs thanks to its remarkable features optimally.
- The all metal construction makes it durable, so it can last you through many uses.
- The windproof design makes it perfect for camping and other outdoor applications.
- It has an ergonomic design which gives it a good grip so you can handle it with just one hand.
- For optimal performance, use premium lighter fluid, wicks, and flints.
- It is important to note that premium lighter fluid is sold separately.
12. Zippo Personalized Groomsmen Lighter
The Zippo Personalized Groomsmen Lighter features a street chrome finish and allows you to engrave up to 3 lines with 20 characters per line.
- The windproof design makes it easy to use when it is rainy, windy, or other outdoor conditions.
- The lighter like every other Zippo lighter on the list comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- The all metal construction of the Zippo Personalized Groomsmen Lighter makes it durable.
- It had a lightweight design, and it is easy to keep in your suitcase or pocket.
13. Zippo Groomsmen Black Ice Lighter
The Zippo Groomsmen Black Ice Lighter is an affordable yet stylish and lightweight lighter that is a perfect gift for your groomsmen.
- It is sturdy and attractive and can easily fit into any pocket or even a whistle or small purse.
- It allows you to engrave the initials or name of the recipients, and it is a gift that will be treasured for life.
- The Zippo Groomsmen Black Ice Lighter is the perfect lighter for those smokers looking for a reliable lighter that won’t disappoint.
- It also comes with a lifetime warranty and features windproof design.
14. Zippo Groomsmen Tuxedo Lighter
The Zippo Groomsmen Tuxedo Lighter features a windproof flame and flint ignition that makes it dependable in any weather.
- The lighter insert comes with a glinted wick already installed.
- It allows you to engrave up to 1 line with 15 characters per line.
- It allows for personalization however you like.
- It comes with a Zippo lifetime warranty.
- It is portable so it can fit virtually any pocket.
- The tuxedo design of this lighter makes it stand out and a perfect gift for groomsmen.
The above-selected products will make it easier for you to choose the best wedding lighter. It will allow you to choose the one that best suits your preference. Although wedding lighter come in different styles and designs, the items we have selected have great functionality and performance.
DIY Wedding Lighter Project
This project idea is the result of a wedding we attended where cigarette lighters were prominently featured in the lighting of the unity candle.
This made us think: why use plain cigarette lighters? Shouldn’t the lighters coordinate with the rest of the wedding accessories, joyously decorated with ribbon and lace and pearls?
The lighters shown here would make great wedding favors, cake toppers for a smoking-themed cake (perhaps with faux cigarette pillars?), or a fun craft for a pre-wedding party. However, if you plan on using them as cake toppers, we recommend that you use empty ones if they’re available.
• Several cigarette lighters in desired colors
• An assortment of lace, ribbon, and other trims
By their very nature, cigarette lighters are intended to dispense a flame. Therefore, use common sense when decorating them. These safety suggestions are by no means a complete list, but include key points we’ve thought of:
• Keep all decorations well away from areas where they might encounter the flame.
• Be careful when using glue; some types may be flammable until dry.
• Don’t expose the lighters to sources of heat such as glue guns.
• Don’t allow children or drunk adults to play with the lighters.
• If your application isn’t going to require that the lighters function, why not use empty ones?
Be aware that if you’re traveling to a wedding, lighters are now banned on U.S. domestic airline flights and shipping companies may have restrictions as well.
Just as the bride is the star of the wedding, the understated simplicity of this lighter will make it the star among the bridal accessories.
To make the bride:
• Glue a piece of flat lace around the lighter, as shown in the leftmost photo.
• Glue a piece of gathered lace around the bottom of the lighter to form a sophisticated mermaid-style skirt, as shown in the rightmost photo.
• Finish the lighter by gluing a short strand of tiny beads around the top of the lighter to form a “necklace”.
Note that in our photo the white lace almost disappears against the white lighter. If your wedding lighters are to be photographed, you may wish to either use a slightly tinted lace or a lighter that isn’t white for the bride so that the details of your work are easier to see in the wedding photos.
No wedding is complete without an assortment of bridesmaids, both frumpy and slutty. The bridesmaids shown at left were constructed using the same technique used to create the bride, by gluing short pieces of ribbon and lace around lighters.
The frumpy bridesmaid, dressed in shades of green, wears a skirt made from a clumsily hand-gathered piece of satin ribbon, a waistband made from a contrasting narrow strip of ribbon, and bust bows. The bust bows are ready-made ribbon roses which can be found at sewing and DIY/crafts stores. Adding a butt bow is another way to help your bridesmaid reach her full frumpiness potential.
The slutty bridesmaid, dressed in pink and purple, sports a glitzy transparent lamé skirt. Her bust bow was made by sewing in a straight line down the middle of a short length of ribbon, then pulling on the thread to make the ribbon bunch up.
Leisure Suit Larry
Every family has at least one “snappy dresser”, the uncle or brother-in-law who keeps his collection of leisure suits in active rotation. To make this person’s outfit,
• Glue a rectangle of fabric around the lighter, leaving the top corners free. (Baby blue polyester would be especially appropriate, albeit extremely flammable.)
• Fold the top corners of the rectangle down to make lapels. Glue them in place.
• Glue small beads down the front of the shirt make buttons.
• Glue a short length of chain in the open neckline.
We cheated by using a purchased 3D scrapbooking trim to create our groom. Companies such as Jolee’s offer stickers with miniature fabric tuxedos for only a few dollars (see below).
We then disassembled the tuxedo and glued select pieces – the shirt front, lapels, and bow tie – on the lighter. Note that before gluing the lapels on (photo below), we first trimmed the shirt front so that its edges would not extend into the “suit” area. (photo at left)
You could instead make a tux by hand by cutting the shirt front and lapels out of fabric, gluing them on the lighter, then gluing small white beads down the front of the shirt for “buttons”.
Note that in our photos, the black bow tie and lapels are very hard to see against the black lighter. If your lighters are going to be photographed, you may wish to make your bow tie in a color other than black.
Together at last!
The finished groom after gluing lapels over the shirt area.