Valentine’s day – a famous day for all true lovers also happens to be quite a stressful day. How to pick a unique and classy present for your sweetheart? It is indeed a common question bugging minds of millions all across the globe on this auspicious day. Taking out for a romantic dinner and handing over a beautiful bouquet of fresh, vibrant flowers is not enough to cut the grades these days.
To top it off, companies manufacturing gift items consider this “grand day of love” to be extremely lucrative. Cheesiest valentine day gifts are brought on boards and are marketed as romantic and amazingly unique products. Unfortunately, when confusions double, you fall trap to these convincing marketing tricks and end up buying the tackiest of gifts ever. Think about it – what’s so breathtaking about gifting your girlfriend edible lingerie and oh not to forget those over-sized ‘Crazy for You’ teddies?
Love-Birds these days prefer handcrafting a V-day gift. Such fanciful ideas are romantic and very meaningful. However, deciding upon some dingy and shabby ideas can ruin the whole ‘love in the air’ thing. So, appropriately in your favor, here’s a list of 10 tacky DIY Valentine’s Day gifts that you should certainly stay clear from.
1. Tic–Tacs Valentine GiftFirst in the list of 10 tacky DIY Valentine’s Day gifts is a box of Tic-Tacs. Certainly a cheap present to start with, Tic-Tacs are merely some peppermint nuggets. The idea of printing a customized label with a love message scribed on it is undoubtedly creative but what’s so special about a box of peppermints? No one stocks it longer than a week. Come up with some cool idea instead.
2. Slimy and Melting HeartsSpeaking of tacky V-day presents, how do you think your boyfriend would react having been gifted little red hearts with messages on top? That’s not it! These hearts are also melting and gooey. Not unless your sweetheart is a teeny youngster, no guy would feel anything special about getting hands on a couple of red personalized slimy hearts. Of course making these red poppers are plain and easy. All you need is red glitter glue, some borax, and warm water. To treat his nose-buds, you can always pour in a drop or two of rose oil, chocolate extract or any essential oil that pleases you.
3. Real Fruit MessengersValentine’s Day is a day of love where expression of emotions carry great weight but speaking your heart out on a real fruit? Gross, isn’t it? Buying a banana to write statements like ‘I am bananas for you’ or a pear to write ‘We both make a beautiful PEAR’ is so not creative.
4. Little Rocks Expressing LoveReally Rocks?? Come-on, it falls amidst a list of funny Valentines presents. Don’t you think people look upon the heartless and emotionless chaps as rocks? So a rock to express love? Quite weird actually. Making these rock messengers is picnic. Gather up some little pebbles or rocks from your yard. Wash and dry them. Finally, using a permanent marker, draw or scribe any of your heart-felt wishes on it.
5. Beer Bottles of LoveSince when do beer bottles signify love? The last people knew were champagnes used for celebrating love bonds. Anyway, you can always craft a holder using cardboard cylinders and wrapping them up in some glossy scrapbook papers. Pop-in a beer bottle and that’s pretty much your “supposed-to-be the most romantic and unique Valentine gift”.
6. G-String Made of Candies
A candy g-string – now that’s shoddy and certainly vulgar. Unlike most other tacky DIY ideas mentioned above, this item definitely takes time and labor to craft it. Even then, who craves to gulp down lingerie? Take a look at this for inspirations 🙂